29-30 May: Seminar on EU Disability Law
EDF cooperates with the Academy of European Law (ERA) and the European Consortium of Foundations on Human Rights and Disability (EFC) in the organisation of 6 seminars on the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD) and EU disability law. EDF provides ERA with its expertise of speakers and topics on the UN CRPD and aims to involve our members both as participants and speakers. The next seminar will take place on 29-30 May 2017 in Trier, Germany.
The deadline for applications is 10 April 2017.
The aim of this seminar is to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and legal tools to use the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) combined with relevant EU law in their daily practice.
- The UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD)
- Disability in EU law
- Implementing the UNCRPD in the EU
- Legal capacity under Art. 12 of the UNCRPD
- Disability in employment-related policies: reasonable accommodation and the right to equality and non-discrimination
- Accessibility in EU law and the UNCRPD: public procurement, ICT, built environment
Who should attend?
National civil servants and staff of NGOs, organisations of persons with disabilities and equality bodies from all EU Member States, plus Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Travel expenses and accommodation
Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a maximum of 360 euros, subject to the submission of original travel receipts. Maximum two nights’ hotel accommodation will be booked and covered directly by ERA.
More information is available on ERA’s website