The Web Accessibility Initiative Communities of Practice project (WAI-CooP Project) invites everyone interested in web accessibility to take part in its first open meeting.
The event is open to all and may be of interest to practitioners from public authorities or the private sector; organisations representing people with disabilities; researchers; product or service providers; training providers, as well as policy makers. At the meeting, you will be able to:
- Learn more about the WAI-CooP Project
- Contribute to project developments
- Explore opportunities for collaboration
We encourage participation from people interested in:
- Implementation of digital accessibility in Europe and internationally
- Guidance on available web accessibility training, tools, and resources
- Exchanges on the European Union (EU) Web Accessibility Directive (WAD)
This meeting takes place on Wednesday 23 June 2021 from 14:00 to 15:30 CET (Brussels time).
The WAI-CooP Project, Communities of Practice, is a Coordination and Support Action project, co-funded by the European Commission (EC) under the Horizon 2020 program (Grant Agreement 101004794). The project supports implementation of international standards for digital accessibility through:
- Establishing vendor-neutral overview on available training, tools, and resources internationally
- Analyzing technological advancements and coordinating with relevant research and development
- Providing opportunities for key stakeholders to share resources and to exchange best practices
WAI-CooP achieves this by building on the existing wealth of authoritative guidance available from the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), to provide a one-stop shop for anyone involved in the implementation of digital accessibility.
The following times are in CET (Brussels time), please check the corresponding time for your own location:
- 14:00 Start of meeting
- 14:00 – 14:10 Welcome
- 14:10 – 14:20 Project Overview
- 14:20 – 14:40 Resource Collection
- 14:40 – 15:00 Technology Tracking
- 15:00 – 15:20 Community Exchange
- 15:20 – 15:30 Wrap-Up
- 15:30 End of meeting
This meeting will take place on the Zoom teleconference system with real-time captioning and sign-language interpretation.