This event will take place online on April 19th 2022 from 14:00 to 16:00 CET (Brussels time).
The Web Accessibility Initiative Communities of Practice project (WAI-CooP Project) would like to invite everyone interested in digital accessibility to take part in an open meeting.
Join us to discuss the monitoring of the EU Web Accessibility Directive:
- What were the key challenges of the monitoring exercise for public sector bodies? For monitoring bodies? What were the lessons learned?
- What methodologies and tools were used? What about scoring methodologies?
- What is the added value of monitoring for persons with disabilities? Were they involved in the monitoring process?
- Should evaluation methodologies be harmonised? What guidance would help future monitoring?
The event is open to all and may be of interest to practitioners from public authorities or the private sector; organisations representing persons with disabilities; researchers; product or service providers; training providers, as well as policy makers.
This meeting takes place on Tuesday 19 April 2022 from 14:00 to 16:00 CET (Brussels time).
The WAI-CooP Project is a Coordination and Support Action project, funded by the European Commission (EC) under the Horizon 2020 programme (Grant Agreement 101004794). The project supports implementation of international standards for digital accessibility through:
- Establishing vendor-neutral overview on available training, tools, and resources internationally
- Analysing technological advancements and coordinating with relevant research and development
- Providing opportunities for key stakeholders to share resources and to exchange best practices
WAI-CooP achieves this by building on the existing wealth of authoritative guidance available from the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), to provide a one-stop shop for anyone involved in the implementation of digital accessibility.
This online meeting will be focused on monitoring digital accessibility and is open to all. We will reflect on the recent web accessibility directive monitoring exercise carried out by member states. We will also discuss some of the challenges of monitoring and how these could be addressed.
Check out our programme: WAI CooP event progamme 19.04.22
We will be using the Zoom teleconference system with real-time captioning and sign-language interpretation. The meeting will not be recorded.
Registration is now closed for this event