Aligned with the Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, the final goal of DHub is to foster social and labour inclusion of people with disabilities in Europe while promoting inclusive and sustainable business.
- Disability Hub Europe for Sustainable Growth and Social Innovation
- Donor and timeframe: Fundación ONCE and co-funded by the European Social Fund – 2018 to 2020 – Now extended to 2023
- Total budget and EDF budget: No budget for EDF.
- Objective of the project: Aligned with the Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, the final goal of DHub is to foster social and labour inclusion of people with disabilities in Europe while promoting inclusive and sustainable business.
- Partners (if any): Fundación ONCE, EDF, L’Oréal, Global Reporting Initiative, CSR Europe, Forética, Flemish Government Department for Work and Social Economy, European Foundation Centre and the ILO Global Business and Disability Network.
- EDF role: Disseminating DHub activities and results through EDF communication channels; contributing and supporting policy incidence actions carried out in the framework of DHub related to sustainability, providing speakers for events and webinars.
- EDF staff & executive member(s) involved: Haydn Hammersley
- Current activities, foreseen outcomes, successes (if any worth noting): Enhanced understanding of different ways persons with disabilities can be included in the open labour market; Archive of innovative and effective approaches to fostering quality employment for persons with disabilities in the open labour market; stronger links between inclusive employers and adoption of good practices by businesses hoping to become more inclusive; Project mentioned in the outcome document of the Regional Forum for Sustainable Development.