Below you will find a list of activities related to skill development.
Check out our Resources page for our publications, webinars, and other resources for skill development
- We closely cooperate with our members and partners to strengthen the capacity of organisations of persons with disabilities at the European and International levels.
- We support our members on ar ad hoc basis on deinstitutionalization, European Structural Funds, EU Fundamental Rights Agenda, State Aids and Employment
- Alongside our members and the International Disability Alliance (IDA), we send joint submissions to UN Treaty Bodies on the rights of persons with disabilities such as the Human Rights Committee and the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW)
- We collected feedback from our members on their passenger with disabilities rights experiences across Europe (2014-2015) and provided support to our members concerning their involvement in the advocacy for and the relaunch of the European Disability Card.
- We organized training and mutual learning sessions for and with our members during our Board Meetings and Annual General Assemblies in 2014-2015 on topics such as the European Structural Funds, Europe 2020, the European Semester, refugees with disabilities, ICT and rail accessibility.
United Nations Convention of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD) training and support
- Wern organised a workshop on engaging with the UN CRPD for our members before the EU review by the UN Committee on the implementation of the UNrn CRPD (Geneva, year)
- We worked with our members in Croatia, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Lithuania, Portugal, Slovakia, Serbia and Sweden to support them at their country review of the UN Committee on the rights of persons with disabilities. In Croatia, we provided training workshops on drafting alternative reports. (year)
- We facilitated training at two workshops organised by the European Federation of Hard of Hearing (EFHOH) on getting involved in the UN CRPDrn review process (city, year)
- We ran a training session alongside the UN Office for the High Commissioner for Human Rights for organisations of persons with disabilities on the UN CRPD review process (Brussels, year)