The European Disability Forum (EDF) is recruiting a Communications and Knowledge Management Officer, starting as soon as possible to work on our Ukraine programme and to contribute to our overall communications and knowledge management.
We are seeking a committed team member for our secretariat based in Brussels, for a one-year project full-time.
EDF is a non-governmental European umbrella organisation set up to represent organisations of persons with disabilities at EU level. Our membership includes 100 Organisations including European NGOs and National Federations of organisations of persons with disabilities. Our mission is to promote the equal opportunities and human rights of persons with disabilities in the European Union.
The purpose of this role is to assist the international cooperation team of the European Disability Forum regarding its communication and knowledge management components.
The main objectives of the role are to:
- Take a leading role in developing communication about our humanitarian programme in Ukraine to support our advocacy and policy work, relaying information to our members, the European Union, funders, partners and other relevant stakeholders
- Document the work achieved in EDF’s international cooperation projects, in particular our humanitarian programme on Ukraine, paying specific attention to the importance of dissemination, utilisation of results and visibility at international level.
- Support actively the comms around the EDF Ukraine programme (social media, articles, stories, blogs, etc)
- Keep all our communication around Ukraine monitored and organised (including pictures) to facilitate project reporting
- Ensure the EDF website and members area contains accurate, up to date information about the impact of the war in Ukraine on persons with disabilities, both in and outside Ukraine
- Collaborate with and support EDF advocacy colleagues on (for example) press releases and media relationships to raise awareness about the war and persons and children with disabilities
- Facilitate knowledge sharing among EDF members and partners, organising for instance accessible webinars, online meetings and communication trainings.
Tasks International Cooperation
- Manage the international cooperation communication, identifying, gathering, organising and disseminating information using various channels including EDF members’ mailing and Global Action newsletter (using MailChimp), EDF website as well as social media and other means of networking.
- Ensure the EDF website is up-to-date regarding our work international cooperation, with accessible information, news, events and articles, in collaboration with the communications team
- Plan, execute and report on EDF’s international cooperation external and internal communications
- Organise and run accessible webinars and online meetings where necessary to share information and ensure effective networking between EDF partners and peer organisations
- Develop, design and disseminate a range of accessible high-quality knowledge products (such as reports, flyers, infographics, etc)
- Update EDF international cooperation communications actions and reporting systems so they include our latest projects;
- Document our work to facilitate the dissemination of knowledge
- Engage in all communications activities relevant to the international cooperation team
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in using digital platforms to share knowledge and information (Essential)
- Experience in the field of communication, including social media and newsletters (Essential)
- Experience in producing and coordinating the production of written and multimedia materials for an accessible website, and accessible social media.
- Experience in monitoring communication and knowledge management activities (Essential)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English (Essential) and Ukrainian (Desirable)
- Ability to set up accessible meetings and communication channels online using online communication tools (zoom, teams; Desirable)
- Experience in human rights/ disability sector (Desirable)
- Ability to structure, organise and follow up data and emails
- Ability to prioritise and respond in a timely way to urgent requests for support
The postholder must have a right to live and work in the EU. This is also possible for people fleeing Ukraine and under temporary protection in the EU. EDF is based in Brussels.
EDF is an equal opportunities employer. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Gross starting salary: 2.800 euros per month
Contract: one-year project full-time
Location: The position is preferably based in Brussels
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday, April 25th 2022.
How to apply:
Please send a CV, examples of content produced and motivation letter to Marion Steff, International Cooperation Manager: email@example.com by Monday, April 25th 2022.
The interview dates will be the 09th and 10th of May 2022.