We actively lobby the European Union to move towards a barrier-free rnEurope for all to achieve a fully accessible transport chain from door rnto door. Transport
In the field of transport, this implies:
- respecting the Design for All principle (add link) when designing transport vehicles such as trains or buses and surrounding infrastructure such as train stations;
- accessible and easy to understand information about a journey
- available and accessible information about the level of accessibility of a certain mode of transport
- When transport is not fully accessible: providing assistance from the point of departure to the point of arrival at the final destination of a disabled passenger, tailored to his specific needs, at no extra cost.
- Disability awareness and equality training for all personnel working in the transport sector.
Check out our work on:
We are an active supporter of the European Commission’s campaign on passengers rights.
Despite freedom of movement for all citizens and article 9 of the UN CRPD, persons with disabilities can still not fully benefit from this right as the transport system throughout the EU remains largely inaccessible.