What should the European Union do to protect persons with disabilities?
The European Union should:
- listen to people with disabilities and their organisations.
Nothing should be decided about us without us!
- make sure that people with disabilities are treated fairly
and that they have same chances in life like everyone else.
- work to make all things and services in Europe accessible
so that people with disabilities can use them like everyone else.
For that, the European Union should make a strong law
saying that all things in life should be accessible.
- make sure that all people with disabilities enjoy their rights
and have access to health care, jobs, schools and other things.
- make sure that people with disabilities have social security benefits
wherever in Europe they decide to live.
- make sure that transport like planes, boats, trains and buses
are accessible so that people with disabilities
can travel anywhere they want without problems.
- make sure that the European money is spent on things
that are accessible for people with disabilities too.