Would you like to help us know more about persons with disabilities and civil judicial cooperation?
Deadline for applications: 23rd February, close of business (Brussels time).
The European Disability Forum is an independent NGO that defends the interests of 100 million Europeans with disabilities. EDF is a unique platform which brings together representative organisations of persons with disabilities from across Europe. EDF is run by persons with disabilities and their families. EDF is a front runner for disability rights. We are a strong, united voice of persons with disabilities in Europe.
We are looking for a short-term consultant to help us gather information on the situation of persons with disabilities considered as “vulnerable adults” in cross-border situation (e.g., persons under guardianship with properties in another Member State). This will contribute to the development of a position paper on EU-wide protection for vulnerable adults in civil judicial cooperation and our reply to the EU call for evidence on the topic.
Objective and expected deliverables of the consultancy
The consultant will collect and analyse information on the topic of vulnerable adults in civil judicial cooperation. The following tasks and deliverables are foreseen:
- Analysis and summary of legal capacity regimes in EU Member States, i.e. mapping of EU Member States’ legal capacity regimes (guardianship, curatorship, supported decision making, power of representation)
- Collection of data on “protective measures” (including power of representations) across the EU and their evolution over the last decade
- Collection of cases involving persons with disabilities deemed “vulnerable adults” in cross-border situations and the barriers they face to exercise their rights under the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (e.g. court cases, testimonies)
- 5 days of work estimated
- Content to be submitted at the latest by the 10th of March
If you are interested to apply for this consultancy, send your CV and letter of interest to Marine Uldry (email@example.com) by the 23rd of February.
In your letter of interest, please indicate:
- Your experience and knowledge on this topic
- Your daily rate for consultancy (VAT excluded)
- Your timeframe for completing the work