This Conference will be held in Paris, France, as part of the EDF Board meeting in March 2022.
The Conference will take place in person at the French Ministry of Solidarity and Health (Salle Laroque) and by videoconference, in March 10th from 14:00 to 17:00 CET. We will provide audio interpretation in English and French, International sign interpretation and real-time captioning in English.
The number of persons with disabilities is now estimated at 15% of the European population. Persons with disabilities face a multitude of barriers in their daily lives that affect their full participation in the city – accessibility of buildings, transport, services – but also in public and political life.
The purpose of this conference is to share national and European reflections and experiences, in the light of the principles set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) to which the European Union and its members are signatories. The focus will be on citizenship as a particular issue for persons with disabilities, and more particularly with regard to
- Participation in democratic, political and institutional life.
- Representation in democratic and associative bodies.
- Accessibility of election campaigns and candidacy
- Mobility in an accessible city and transport.
These themes are closely linked to current European policies:
- European Strategy on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2021-2030),
- Reform of the European electoral law,
- Proposal for two directives on the rights of mobile voters,
- European Sustainable Mobility Strategy,
- European Mobility Card and Parking Card,
- European Accessibility Act
- Conference on the future of Europe.
In the framework of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the European Disability Forum (EDF) will have a meeting of its Board of Directors in Paris on 10 and 11 March 2022, with the support of the French State Secretariat for People with Disabilities and EDF’s French member, the Conseil Français des personnes Handicapées pour les affaires Européennes et internationales (CFHE).
EDF would like to take advantage of its statutory meetings in the countries holding the Presidency of the Council of the European Union to meet the representatives of the civil society. It is in this spirit that this conference has been initiated with the CNCPH and its members.
- Note Conference PFUE 10 mars 2020 – version 07032022 EN (Word)
- Note Conference PFUE 10 mars 2020 – version 07032022 EN (PDF)
- Note Conference PFUE 10 mars 2020 – version 07032022 FR (Word)
- Note Conference PFUE 10 mars 2020 – version 07032022 FR (PDF)
In person participation
The Conference will take place in person at the French Ministry of Solidarity and Health, Salle Laroque (14, avenue Duquesne).
Transport from the hotel to the Ministry will be arranged by EDF for Board members staying in the hotel. Departure time will be at 13:00 in the front door of the hotel. Please note transport will only be provided from the hotel to the Ministry, after the Conference all participants have a free evening and there is no transport arranged.
All participants will receive a badge to enter the event. Please remember to bring your ID card or passeport with you, it’s mantadory to pass the security check point at the Ministry.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, there will be no coffee or beverages during the break at 15:30. We suggest all participants to bring some water with you.
The event will be live streamed on Zoom. This is the link to join.
Some instructions for the remote attendance:
- All participants will be in only attendance mode, with microphones and cameras turned off.
- The Q&A box will be enabled for participants to send their questions regarding the content.
- The chat box will be enabled for participants to send their technical questions.
- The real-time captioning in English will be accessible through this external link. With event ID: RDL9CQnXY6