All organisations publish documents. Unfortunately, most of the publications are not accessible to persons with disabilities. The scale of the problem turns bigger if we think of published books, which are still barrier for millions of persons with print disabilities. For years, disability advocates, accessibility professionals and organisations such as the DAISY Consortium have been working on creating the techniques and solutions to make publishing accessible to all.
EDF is pleased to invite all its members and any organisation or person interested in accessible publications to join this training with Richard Orme, Chief Executive of the DAISY Consortium. Among other takeaways, you will learn about helpful changes in publishing, the EPUB format (the globally adopted format for ebooks), and how anyone can create and read EPUB ebooks from their word processor.
Moderated by Alejandro Moledo, EDF Head of Policy, the training will be conducted as follows:
- 14:00-14:05 Housekeeping and welcome
- 14:05-14:10 Introduction to the DAISY Consortium
- 14:10-14:20 The born accessible revolution
- 14:20-14:30 EPUB: the publishing industry’s ebook format with built in accessibility
- 14:30-14:40 Q&A
- 14:40-14:50 Demos: make your own EPUB, and popular EPUB apps
- 14:50-15:00 Q&A
- 15:00 Closing