On 8 December 2021, from 15:00 to 16:30 CET (Brussels time), Renew Europe, with the support of the European Disability Forum (EDF), will hold a discussion on ensuring rights of persons with disabilities as consumers of digital services and platforms through the Digital Services Act (DSA).
At the end of 2020, the European Commission published a proposal on the Digital Services Act (DSA) to update the rules on the internet. While the proposal aims to strengthen rights of consumers of digital services and platforms, the provisions on persons with disabilities could be further strengthened to ensure effective accessibility of the digital world.
The webinar will gather EU legislators, experts, and representatives of industry and organisations of person with disabilities to share their views on ensuring a strong EU regulation for the benefit of all members of society.
More information can be found on the Renew Europe website.
The event will be live-streamed on this platform.
- MEP Dita Charanzová, Renew Europe, Vice President, European Parliament and DSA Shadow rapporteur
- Humberto Insolera, Member of Executive Committee, European Disability Forum (EDF)
Moderator: Catherine Naughton, Director, European Disability Forum (EDF)
- Lisa Waddington, Professor of European Disability Law, Maastricht University
- Prabhat Agarwal, Head of Unit: Digital Services & Platforms, European Commission
- Alex Agius Saliba, Member of European Parliament, S&D Group, EP Disability Intergroup
- Catherine Garcia-van Hoogstraten, Director, Responsible Technology, European Government Affairs, Microsoft
- Alejandro Moledo, Head of Policy, European Disability Forum (EDF)
- MEP Dragoş Pîslaru, Renew Europe, Vice-Chair of the EP Disability Intergroup and EMPL coordinator
This event will be held in English. Interpretation in French, international sign interpretation and real-time captioning in English will be provided.
Contact: Mher Hakobyan, EDF accessibility officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).