What is it?
The European Youth Event (EYE2021) is the largest youth gathering in Europe supported and organised by the European Parliament. This year it takes place from 4 to 9 October online and in Strasbourg from 8 to 10 October.
The EYE2021 has hundreds of activites on various topics. For an overview, check the EYE Online Programme.
We are present at the EYE2021
EDF is present this year at the EYE2021 on October 9 from 13:46 to 14:45 with an online event titled: Independent Living so basic yet so impossible.
MEP Katrin Langensiepen from the Disability Intergroup of the European Parliament, Erika Becerra from youth committee and other two young people are sharing their experiences.
Register for the EYE2021 and join our event. Unfortunately the EYE Online platform is not very accessible. Should you have difficulties e-mail Loredana at: firstname.lastname@example.org she will provide you info to join in the event without beeng registered on the platform.
Agenda of EDF Event
- 13:45 – 13:50 Welcome and housekeeping rules
- 14:50 – 13:00 Erika Becerra, EDF Youth Committee
- 14:00 – 14:10 Spyros Ntantanidis young activist from the Greek independent living movement
- 14:10 – 14:20 Marcus Ward, Chair of the International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus youth group
- 14:20 – 14:30 Katrine Langensiepen Member of the European Parliament and cochair of the Disability Intergroup of the European Parliament
- 14:30 -14h 40 Questions and answers
- 14:40 -14:45 Conclusion and closing
For our event we provide international Sign interpretation and speach to text. we will soon provide also the link to join in via Zoom during the event should you not be able joining in via the EYE Online Platform
The Plenaries, EDF event and maybe other activities have International Sign Interpretation
You can follow speach to Text at EDF Event
The EYE Online platform is not accessible, if you do not manage to join an event there know that most of them are livestreamed so you can watch them.
For EDF Event Register below using the Register link and you will join in via Zoom Webinar.
You can also follow the event on our Facebook page.