The Web Accessibility Initiative Communities of Practice project (WAI-CooP Project) invites everyone interested in web accessibility to take part in an open meeting.
Join us to discuss the implementation of the EU Web Accessibility Directive:
- What does effective enforcement look like?
- Do feedback mechanisms work?
- What do people with disabilities think about accessibility statements?
- How did exemptions in the scope of the Directive impact people during the pandemic?
- What do you think should be addressed when the Directive is reviewed?
The event is open to all and may be of interest to practitioners from public authorities or the private sector; organisations representing people with disabilities; researchers; product or service providers; training providers, as well as policy makers.
This meeting takes place on Tuesday 28 September 2021 from 14:00 to 16:00 CET (Brussels time).
The WAI-CooP Project, Communities of Practice, is a Coordination and Support Action project, co-funded by the European Commission (EC) under the Horizon 2020 programme (Grant Agreement 101004794). The project supports implementation of international standards for digital accessibility through:
- Establishing vendor-neutral overview on available training, tools, and resources internationally
- Analyzing technological advancements and coordinating with relevant research and development
- Providing opportunities for key stakeholders to share resources and to exchange best practices
WAI-CooP achieves this by building on the existing wealth of authoritative guidance available from the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), to provide a one-stop shop for anyone involved in the implementation of digital accessibility.
A detailed agenda will be published soon.
This meeting will take place on the Zoom teleconference system with real-time captioning and sign-language interpretation.