Higher Education and Traineeships Abroad

As a EU national, you are allowed to study at any EU university under the same conditions as nationals of that country. You may not be refused access to training or education in another EU country on the grounds of your nationality.

When you go to a university in another EU country, you are entitled to pay the same course fees as nationals of that country. Another possible source of funding for spending part of your studies abroad is the EU’s Erasmus+ programme.

Erasmus+ promotes and supports studying, training, and volunteering in another EU country. As a participant with disability, you can ask for an additional grant to cover the disability related expenses such as medical attendance, travel assistance, an accompanying person for students and staff with disabilities, and adapted accommodation. You should also benefit from the support services that the institution that will receive you offers to its local students and staff.

For more information, visit the European Commission’s webpage on Erasmus+, and the Regulation establishing ‘Erasmus+: the Union programme for education, training, youth and sport.

The European Solidarity Corps is an EU initiative which creates opportunities for young people between the ages of 17 and 30 to volunteer or work on projects in their own country or abroad for up to a year. For more information, visit the European Solidarity Corps website, and the EU Youth Guarantee webpage.