During the first meeting of this year of the Stakeholders group on the European Year of Youth (EYY) attended by more than 150 persons the European Commission presented how young people and organisations of and for young people can be part of this year dedicated to youth. The representatives had also the opportunity to present their plans for the year and the measures they will take to reach out to people with fewer opportunities.
A very important point brought up was the outreach on national level for which the commission advised us to encourage all national councils to get in touch with the national coordinators of the European Year of Youth to ensure in our case the interests of young people with disabilities are not left behind and that these ones are part of the movement.
Check out what you can do to be part of the European Year of Youth:
- Make your activity available on the Agenda of the EYY. When you organisa an activity with and for young people put it on the Youth Portal page dedicated to the European Year of Youth. That agenda contains now more then 150 activities and organisers must indicate physical accessibility for face-to-face events if they offer sign language.
- Get info on ongoing policies relevant for youth. On the same page a section is dedicated to present all ongoing policies relevant for young people explained in an understandable language.
- Young journalists take the floor. A pool of young journalists have been selected and they will inform all of us through out of the year.
- Share your Views and hopes. A section on the European Year of Youth page is dedicated to collect views and hopes from young people. Make sure you contribute too.
- Online engagement platform; This tool is under examination. The Commission wishes to collect also young voices speaking in their own language of their ideas and wishes.
- Stay informed: Get the latest news of the EYY
We are closely watching that the proposed tools are also taking into account accessibility. Therefore, should you remark any difficulty do not hesitate to contact us.