Ireland COVID19 response
The following links will open in a new window.
- DFI COVID-19 resource list
- Twitter updates by Disability Federation of Ireland
- Resource list – AsIAm (member of Autism-Europe)
- Social story on twitter to explain the situation to children on the spectrum – AsIAm
- Statement on the rights of persons with disabilities during COVID-19
- High-Risk People in Catch-22 during COVID-19
- Call on the government to adhere to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities during COVID-19
Information relayed from the Fundamental Rights Agency (May 2020):
On 22 April, eight human rights NGOs in Ireland wrote a letter to the Taoiseach (prime minister) acknowledging the ongoing need for some restrictions on our rights during the pandemic, but expressing concern that ‘some communities are suffering more than others’ and calling for a human rights impact assessment of the restrictions, and provision of disaggregated data on the basis of nationality, ethnicity, disability, gender and age with regard to those affected by Covid-19, and those arrested under the Emergency Health Regulations.