The European Disability Forum (EDF) organized the first webinar series on the 29th of October 2019 to present Innovation to Inclusion, also known as the i2i programme. The webinar, which lasted one hour, was well attended by organisations of persons with disabilities and their representatives as well as other stakeholders and members of the public interested in employment and economic opportunities for persons with disabilities.
Three passionate speakers presented the project and explained the work carried out so far:
- Sakunthala Mapa, Head of Consortium, Leonard Cheshire
- Morgon Banks, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Albert Mollah, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Access Bangladesh Foundation
The moderation was done by Marion Steff, EDF’s International Cooperation Manager.
On December 11th 2019, a second webinar will be organised concerning Articles 27 (Work and Employment) and 28 (Adequate Standard of Living and Social Protection) of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Register here.
- Webinar flyer
- Webinar summary
- Morgon Banks’ Power Point Presentation
- Albert Mollah’s Power Point Presentation
- Project’s report: Policy environment and national systems on inclusive employment in Bangladesh and Kenya
- Project’s report: Factors affecting access to waged employment amongst persons with disabilities in Nairobi, Kenya and Dhaka,