Completed Bridging the Gap II – Inclusive Policies and Services for Equal Rights of persons with Disabilities
This initiative supported the implementation of the UN CRPD and the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through capacity building and empowerment of government institutions, NGOs, and DPOs.
Official website: https://bridgingthegap-project.eu/
Funder: European Union
- Austrian Development Agency (ADA)
- Italian Agency for Development and Cooperation (IACDC)
- Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID)
- International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC)
- European Disability Forum (EDF)
Objectives: This initiative supported the implementation of the UN CRPD and the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through capacity building and empowerment of government institutions, NGOs, and DPOs in:
- Burkina Faso through universal access to healthcare
- Ecuador through inclusive education
- Ethiopia through livelihoods and social protection
- Paraguay through data generation and their use in inclusive education
- Sudan through universal access to employment
It aimed to build strong international support to drive the disability inclusion agenda forward and support the inclusion of persons with disabilities in the Agenda 2030 and SDGs.
Role of EDF: Provided technical expertise around EU and global advocacy.
1. Inclusive Social Protection in Africa
2. Inclusive International Cooperation
3. Final Communication Publication “Stories of Bridging the Gap”
- English easy to read version
- Read our interview with Alessia Rogai, former knowledge manager of the project here
4. Video animations
Contact: Marion Steff, International Cooperation Manager email@example.com