Ongoing Innovation to Inclusion (i2i)
Innovation to Inclusion (i2i) aims to address key challenges persons with disabilities experience in accessing economic opportunities and waged employment in low and middle-income countries.
Timeframe: May 2019 – April 2022
Official Twitter: @i2iAid
Funder: UK Aid (DFID) – 9 million pounds total / 400,000 pounds for EDF Leader Leonard Cheshire
The project aims to:
- Explore innovative market-based interventions to improve livelihoods and autonomy for persons with disabilities through collaboration with a range of partners.
- Collect and generate data that shows whether persons with disabilities are benefiting from economic opportunities or not.
- Promote sustained inclusive employment for persons with disabilities, particularly women
- Action for the Disabled Network Kenya
- Bangladesh Business and Disability Network
- The Global Disability Innovation Hub
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Plan International UK
- World Bank
We support the advocacy activities of our Bangladeshi and Kenyan DPOs colleagues involved in the project, with a focus on innovative market-based interventions to improve livelihoods and autonomy of persons with disabilities.