You can watch the complete webinar here.
The European Disability Forum (EDF) organized the second webinar series on the 11th of December 2019, as part of the Innovation to Inclusion programme also known as i2i. The webinar, which lasted one hour, was well attended by organisations of persons with disabilities and their representatives as well as other stakeholders and members of the public interested in employment and economic opportunities for persons with disabilities.
The objectives of the webinar were two-fold:
- Present the OHCHR human rights based indicators of the UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), developed within the project Bridging the Gap I and
- Explain the process of using these indicators as a monitoring tool within the Innovation to Inclusion (i2i) project.
The speakers focused in particular on articles 27 and 28 of the CRPD: “Word and employment” and “Adequate standard of living and social protection”.
Three passionate speakers were invited:
- Juan Ignacio Peres Bello, Consultant, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCRH)
- Maeve O’Reilly, Policy Advisor – Data and Disability, International, Leonard Cheshire
- Anjeline Okola Charles, Programme Executive, Ecumenical Disability Advocates Network (EDAN)
The moderation was done by Marion Steff, EDF’s International Cooperation Manager