The European Disability Forum (EDF) is recruiting a full-time Project Officer for our project: Strengthening the Disability Movement in Central and Eastern Europe.
About the Position
The project officer is responsible for implementation and reporting of EDF activities within the project, including capacity-building support to EDF members in the 5 project countries (Bulgaria, Czechia, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia), coordinating the involvement of EDF staff within the project, project reporting, and external communications.
1. Project implementation
The project aims to build capacity of EDF members and all activities will be done in partnership with them in each country. The capacity building activities for organisations of persons with disabilities include:
- Assessment of capacity building needs and auding internal communication processes
- Building systems for accessible internal and external communication
- Training in EU policies and programmes in the field of Disability rights and youth empowerment
- Providing tools and resources to enhance the work of the disability movement in each country, including by adapting tools and resources into national languages, running online trainings and focus groups
- Reaching out to youth with disabilities within the region, consulting with them on their priorities, and engaging in European level youth activism
2. Project management
- Organising meetings of the project steering group
- Planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the project activities
- Overseeing the expenditure of the project, including contracting of external experts and service providers, in line with the budget and EDF financial procedures
- External communication of the project- managing the web page to ensure the public and external stakeholders are fully informed of project activities and outcomes
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2 years of work experience in capacity-building projects
- Experience in running online and face to face trainings and events
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and non-discrimination (through your work experience, studies, or voluntary experiences)
- Experience in the youth movement and youth activities
- Excellent English- able to independently draft agendas, work plans, and reports
- Language skills in Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, or Slovakian are an advantage
- Skills and knowledge in web accessibility and accessibility of documents and meetings
- Knowledge on EU policies and programmes, particularly in the field of disability or youth are an advantage
EDF is an equal opportunities employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Gross starting salary: 2800 €
Duration of contract: 1 year, full-time position, renewable if funding allows
Additional information: the job is based in Belgium but allows flexible working locations (home/office).
Deadline for applications: January 17th at 9 am Central European Time
Date and location of the interview: January 25th 2022, online or in person in Brussels (to be decided)
How to apply?
Please send your CV, and a motivation letter by email to Marie.Denninghaus@edf-feph.org, by January 17th 9 am central European time. Your motivation letter should be in English and in the case that you are not a citizen of an EU member state, you should demonstrate you have the right to live and work in the EU. Further information about EDF can be found on the EDF website.
EDF is the umbrella organisation of persons with disabilities that advocates for the rights of over 100 million persons with disabilities in Europe. We are an independent umbrella organisation that brings together representative organisations of persons with disabilities from across Europe. We are run by persons with disabilities and their families. We are a strong united voice of persons with disabilities in Europe.