The European Disability Forum (EDF) is recruiting a Project Officer for a maternity leave replacement (starting from August or September 2022 until December 2022 or January 2023).
EDF is seeking a committed team member for our secretariat based in Brussels. We are a non-governmental European umbrella organisation set up to represent organisations of persons with disabilities at EU level. Our membership includes 100 organisations including European NGOs and National Federations of organisations of persons with disabilities. Our mission is to promote the equal opportunities and human rights of persons with disabilities in the European Union.
Purpose of the position:
To coordinate a range of projects EDF is responsible for primarily those supporting the work of the UN Special Rapporteur on the rights of persons with disabilities.
Reports to: International Cooperation Manager, Finance Manager
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop project proposals for donors if required
- Draft narrative and financial reports on contributions, in compliance with specific donor requirements
- Keep an overview of programmes / match activities with funding – physical files and online folders
- Ensure the projects database is up-to-date and accurate
- Ensure that EDF costs are fully covered for accounting, audits in budget
- Keep abreast of all developments in the UNSR activity to prepare appropriate reports, briefing and background notes, and other documentation as required
- Support the UNSR with other events, activities and consultations
- Maintain up to date the timeline activities plan
- Coordinate a weekly plan task according with the Administrative assistant, Communications officer and researchers
Essential skills and experience :
- Strong English written and spoken communication
- Evidence of strong team-working, ability to be adaptable, learn fast
- Evidence of ability to collect and organize data and attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize information and draft clearly, succinctly and quickly
- Knowledge and experience in disability rights or human rights more generally is a plus
EDF is an equal opportunities employer. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The postholder must have a right to live and work in the EU. The EDF is based in Brussels.
Please send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Monday May 23rd 2022.
The interview dates are foreseen for Tuesday June 07th 2022.