The European Disability Forum is recruiting a temporary Communications Officer, full time or part-time, to start as soon as possible.
The European Disability Forum (EDF) is seeking an enthusiastic and committed team member for our secretariat in Brussels, to be responsible for elements of our external communications.
We are a non-governmental European umbrella organisation set up to represent organisations of persons with disabilities at EU level. Our membership includes 100 Organisations including European NGOs and National Federations of organisations of persons with disabilities. Our mission is to promote the equal opportunities and human rights of persons with disabilities in the European Union.
- Website: write or edit articles for posting on our website
- Planning, executing, and reporting on weekly external communications
- Human rights report on Political Participation: assisting in the writing, editing and publishing of our human rights report in accessible formats
- Supporting EDFs advocacy work with press releases and media relationships
The ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of proven professional experience with tasks closely related to the ones described above:
- Producing material for an accessible website, and accessible social media.
- Drafting and finalising accessible written and online communication products (documents and articles which are readable using screen readers, and /or videos with captioning and sign language interpretation).
- Designing accessible visual online content.
- Strong communication (written and oral), skills in English
- Tact, flexibility and ability to work effectively in a multinational environment with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the field of human rights, disability or social inclusion;
- Commitment to EDF’s values and goals.
If your skill-set matches what we are looking for and you would require extra support/learning in the field of accessibility, this can be discussed.
EDF is an equal opportunities employer. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Gross starting salary: 2.800 euros per month plus benefits (luncheon vouchers, transport costs)
Contract: Full time, duration to be determined.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Closing date for receipt of applications: September 30th 2021
Interviews foreseen, online or in person on October 11th and 12th 2021
How to apply?
Please send your CV, and a motivation letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your motivation letter please highlight when you would be available to start working for EDF, and ensure your CV details your training and achievements in communication. Feel free to send examples of publications you have contributed to, or completed yourself.
Further information about EDF can be found on the EDF website.