The European Union has launched the Conference on the Future of Europe. This one-of-a-kind initiative will shape the future of the European Union, and calls on the people of Europe to make proposals about how they would like to see Europe in the future.
To contribute to it, we are looking for photos or artistic representations that show us the potential of Europe for persons with disabilities. What is one thing that you would like to see all over Europe? What is your picture of a bright future for persons with disabilities? What should be in place in the next years to ensure inclusion for persons with disabilities?
Submit a photo or artistic depiction (comics, drawings, graphic images and illustration) on your ideal future of Europe.
Who can apply?
EU/EEA citizens or residents from all ages and there is no entry fee. Participation is individual, not as an organization.
How do you enter?
- The entries can be submitted by emailing them to Raquel Riaza – Raquel.Riaza@edf-feph.org
- All submissions are due on the 30th of October 2021, 23.59 CET
What can you submit?
All participants must submit the following three:
- One original single high-resolution photo (300dpi) with image description or one original single artistic representation (comics and drawings) with image description telling the story
Allowed: editing, filters, camera built-in effects.
Not allowed: Collages (more than one photo), watermarks, text, or other elements added to the photo.
- A short description in English including the author’s name, and the city and country where the photo was taken.
- A signed copy of the Rights Authorization. Two signatures are needed, one from the person who took the picture and one from the person(s) appearing IN the picture. Participants taking a photograph of children, ensure that they obtain and provide us with the written consent of that child’s parents/guardian.
Photo Competition 2021 – Rights Authorization
All entries must be original work and the participant must either be the sole owner or the transferee of the copyright. By entering the competition, participants retain full copyright of their images. However, participants also agree to be bound by Facebook legal terms. Participants also grant the European Disability Forum the right to publish and exhibit uploaded photographs.
How will the photos/ materials be selected?
All photos and artistic representation are checked to make sure that they meet the competition rules before being accepted and shortlisted. Once a photo or artistic representation has been reviewed, participants will receive an email with notification of whether it has been accepted or rejected. All pictures will be included in an album on EDF’s Facebook page.
If you want to take a look to our previous photo competition you can do it here.
The jury will be composed by two members of the EDF Executive committee, two members of the staff, as well as two professional photographers.
The entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the picture
- Relevance to the theme
Entries that are offensive, defamatory or obscene, or that disclose unnecessary personal information will also be rejected from the competition.
Selection of winners
There will be a selection of 20 finalists which will be exhibited online and in social media. The winner’s name will be revealed on the 30th of November. The jury’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered in on its decision. At the end of the jury selection period, the 20 finalists will be notified by email.
The three final nominees will receive:
- 1st place award: 500 euros
- 2nd place award: 300 euros
- 3rd place award: 200 euros
Acceptance of Competition Rules
By entering the competition, the participants agree to be bound by the Competition Rules, including acceptance of granting copyright to EDF.
Fairness and respect are the basis of the competition. Any participant reasonably suspected of cheating, will be disqualified from the competition and their entries removed. No correspondence will be entered in on this matter.
Photo Competition 2021 – Terms and Conditions
Photo Competition 2021 – Rules and Authorisation