Conference on the future of Europe
What is the Conference on the Future of Europe?
The Conference is a series of initiatives organised by the European Union.
These initiatives will shape the future of the European Union.
These initiatives involve and can be led by Citizens.
One of the initiatives is a website called FuturEu. In this website you can share your ideas about the European Union. You can also organise and attend events.
Other initiative is the European Citizens’ Panels. These are groups of 200 people that will be involved in the decisions of the Conference. They will be organized by theme
The third and main initiative is the Conference Plenary. This is a group of 433 people that will agree on the final decisions from the Conference.
The Conference will have 9 main topics, but there will be space for other ideas. The topics are:
- Climate change and the environment.
- Stronger economy, social justice and jobs
- EU in the world
- Values and rights, rule of law and security
- Digital transformation
- European democracy
- Education, culture, youth and sport
Some important dates include:
- 9 May: launch of the Conference
- 9 June: First Plenary
- September: Second Plenary
- October-November: Citizens Panels
- December: Third Plenary.
- March 2022: End of Conference.
How can you participate?
You can contribute your idea in the FuturEu platform.
You can also organise an event about the Future of Europe. You can add the event and its conclusions in the FuturEU platform.
You can also contact us if you wish to organize an event in partnership with us.
What do we think about the Conference?
- We must take part on the discussions shaping the future of EU. Persons with disabilities must be proportionally represented in the Citizens’ panels.
- EU institutions need to ensure a high level of accessibility.
- The different topics of the Conference must address the specific situation of persons with disabilities.
What is EDF doing?
- We demanded that the Citizen’s panels are more inclusive
- We will organise a project in partnership with the European Youth Forum.