The World Health Organisation will adopt a framework on health for persons with disabilities on 13 September.
Delegates will discuss and adopt the ‘ WHO European Framework for action to achieve the highest attainable standard of health for persons with disabilities 2022–2030’ during the 72nd Regional Committee meeting for Europe in Tel Aviv. In addition, our President will attend the meeting and participate in a panel discussion about the framework on the morning of 13 September. You can watch it via live stream.
The framework’s content was developed in consultation with multiple stakeholders, including with organisations of persons with disabilities (such as EDF).
The objectives are;
- universal health coverage;
- the promotion of the health and well-being of persons with disabilities;
- the protection of persons with disabilities during public health emergencies;
- the creation of an evidence base on disability and health.
- You can follow the session online on the official website. Follow it on social media #RC72TLV;
- The WHO European framework for action to achieve the highest attainable standard of health for persons with disabilities 2022–2030;
- Resolution on the “framework for action to achieve the highest attainable standard of health for persons with disabilities 2022–2030” (cosponsored by the European Disability Forum);