Deadline: 30 April 2021
The European Disability Forum (EDF) and Oracle have launched the fifth edition of its scholarship for students with disabilities studying in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related fields enrolled at a EU university for the academic year 2020-2021.
The scholarship consists of 6,500€ to be awarded based on a project or research that will be conducted during the academic year. The Scholarship will be awarded primarily based on a project or thesis in which the needs of persons with disabilities in terms of accessibility to information and communication technologies (e-Accessibility) are taken into consideration and/or an innovative solution to enhance their access is proposed. The project must be an integral component of the educational programme undertaken by the student (e.g. final year assignment or part of their Masters or PhD). The project may either be a proposal or already underway.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a student with a disability in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related field.
- Be an European Union (EU) citizen and resident within the EU.
- Be enrolled at a university in the EU for the 2020-2021 academic year, including online universities based in the EU.
- Maintain a strong academic record.
- Have a disability, (see FAQs for definition of disability).
- Have not benefited from the scholarship in the past.
Applicants will be asked to submit via an online form:
- General background information (i.e. contact information and details about your current university for the 2020-2021 school year).
- Proof of disability.
- Executive summary of their project proposal in English from 2 to 5 pages.
- Academic transcripts reached so far from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree).
- Recommendation and feedback letter from an academic supervisor.
Applications must be submitted by 30 April 2021, using this online application form.
- Application deadline: 30 April 2021
- Jury decision: 1 – 16 May 2021
- Successful applicant notified: 3rd week of May 2021
- Online award ceremony: exact date TBC
Full information related to the scholarship, including eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, and frequently asked questions can be found in this document. Please make sure to consult the document carefully prior to completing the application form.
For additional questions about this scholarship, please contact: Mher Hakobyan, EDF Accessibility Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Details about the organization
The European Disability Forum
The European Disability Forum is an umbrella organisation of persons with disabilities that defends the interests of over 100 million persons with disabilities in Europe. We are a unique platform which brings together representative organisation of persons with disabilities from across Europe. We are run by persons with disabilities and their families. We are a strong, united voice of persons with disabilities in Europe.
Details of Oracle’s Accessibility program can be found at: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/accessibility/index.html