In preparation for the 2021 European Forum for Disaster Risk Reduction (EFDRR), the European Disability Forum (EDF) has worked on the first-ever review of disability-inclusive disaster risk reduction (DiDRR) policy and practice across countries of the Europe and Central Asia region.
The aim of the DiDRR review was primarily to provide a baseline of information for this region on the current state of disability inclusion in DRR-related policies and practices and to support consistency of reporting on disability inclusion in DRR across the rest of the regions of the world. The review may help inform the upcoming Mid-Term Review of the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 and EDF alternative report for the second review of the EU by the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Download the review below:
- DiDRR Review Europe and Central Asia (PDF document)
- DiDRR Review Europe and Central Asia (Word document)
- Policy Brief of the Disability-inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction: Moving forward in DiDRR across Europe and Central Asia
- Policy Paper of the Disability-inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction: Moving forward in DiDRR across Europe and Central Asia
- Disability-inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DiDRR): A Quick Reference Guide on DiDRR for Practitioners
Gordon Rattray – International Cooperation Officer
 Based on this review, EDF has developed a DiDRR policy paper and a policy brief, which can be found at the EDF website: https://www.edf-feph.org/ along with the quick reference guide on DiDRR for practitioners in Europe and Central Asia.